Do you suffer from missing or broken teeth? Do you find it difficult to eat certain foods due to missing teeth or unstable dentures? If so, then dental implants may be the solution for you!
“Many people underestimate the effect that missing teeth can have on your diet, in turn, your overall health.”1 You may find yourself opting for unhealthy, processed foods since they are softer and easier to chew. Over time, this can really take a toll on your health, energy and physical appearance/confidence. Unfortunately, alternative options like dentures are not stable enough to withstand chewing many foods. Furthermore, food can become trapped underneath causing other oral issues. “Dental implants are the strongest and most durable restoration for missing teeth. They are the only dental restoration that addresses the loss of the entire tooth.”2 Unlike crowns or dentures that sit above the gum line, dental implants are small titanium screws surgically placed in the jaw bone. These screws act as an anchor, replacing the root, enabling your teeth to withstand the pressure of chewing your favorite foods again. In fact, one of the biggest benefits of dental implants is that you are NOT restricted with what you eat. Once you are out of the healing phase, you can enjoy healthier foods as raw fruits, vegetables and nuts.
Not only do dental implants allow you to physically chew your favorite foods again; they also allow “you to fully experience your taste buds, whereas upper dentures cover up a portion of your taste buds on the roof of your mouth.”1 It is important to note that the act of chewing actually supports digestion–as you chew, digestive acids break down foods, so they are broken down enough to swallow.4 Dental implants allow you to not only to fully taste your favorite foods again, but they also offer the stability to properly chew your food.
As you can see dental implants allow for a more enjoyable eating experience, as well as, the ability to eat and digest healthy foods again. Are you read to take the next step in Improving your overall quality of life and health with dental implants today?
If you are interested in dental implant surgery, please call 888.257.4025 to set up a consultation with Dr. Young.
1. Advanced Dental Implant Services. How Do Dental Implants Affect Your Nutrition? Available online March 8, 2021. Website: https://advanceddentalimplantservices.com/how-do-dental-implants-affect-your-nutrition/
2. Harmony Dental Care. ENJOY EATING AGAIN WITH DENTAL IMPLANTS. Available online March 8, 2021. Website: https://www.harmonydentalcare.com/dental-implants/enjoy-eating-again-with-dental-implants/
3. Michigan Smiles Dental. Eat Your Favorite Foods Again With Dental Implants. Available online March 8, 2021. Website: https://www.mismilesdental.com/eat-your-favorite-foods-again-with-dental-implants/
4. Claiborne, DDS MS. How A Denture Can Be Ruining Your Health. Posted on Aug 13, 2018. Available Online on 10 February 2020. Website: https://www.biltmoreperiodontics.com/denture-can-ruining-health/
5. Advanced Dental Implant Services. Why Dental Implants? Why Not Dentures? Available online March 8, 2021. Website: https://advanceddentalimplantservices.com/why-dental-implants-why-not-dentures/