All-On-4 Dental Implants, sometimes referred to as “Teeth in a Day” are a type of implant created by Nobel Biocare. They are best known for replacing broken or missing teeth with a full mouth of new teeth or “all” your teeth in just one day.
During an “All-On-4” procedure one full arch of upper or lower teeth missing or broken teeth are replaced with fixed prosthetic teeth. Your dental surgeon attaches these implant bridge arches to your upper or lower jawbone (or both) with dental implants (tiny metal screws which replace your tooth root). Unlike other dental implant procedures which require 1 screw per tooth, “All-On-4” only requires 4 screws. These arches contain a full set of teeth (10-14).1 There are many benefits to All-On-4 Dental Implants.
1. New smile in just one day: In most cases, All-On-4 implants can be placed in one day providing instant gratification—you leave the office with your brand new smile!
2. Easy Recovery: Most people do not need to get painful grafting with All-On-4 Implants and as stated above the procedure utilizes less screws— less pain & faster recovery.
3. Stability: Dentures are known to move and slip and also increase your chances of tooth decay or infection, whereas, All-On-4 teeth look and function just like real teeth, allowing you more comfort, confidence and better ability to properly chew your food.
4. Better Quality of Life: “In a 2013 article shared by the International Journal of Dentistry (through the U.S. National Library of Medicine/National Institutes of Health) [stated that] edentulism (losing all of one’s natural teeth) leads to”: a lower intake of healthy fruits and vegetables, higher risk of cardiovascular disease, GI issues and obesity, higher incidences of chronic inflammation changes to gastric lining, higher risk of heart disease, stroke, hypertension, as well as noninsulin-dependent diabetes, chronic kidney disease and sleep apnea. 5 All of these issues, result in poor health and decreased physical activity, in turn a lower quality of life. All-On-4 Dental Implants give you the ability to properly chew your food so you can eat healthier foods (which tend to be harder to chew). They also prevent infection and tooth decay unlike dentures, increasing your physical and oral health. Not to mention, they give you your confidence back!
5. Cost-Effective: All-On-4 dental implants can be costly, but tend to be more cost efficient than traditional techniques and last much longer than other options. “As long as you take care of them, dental implants can last up to 20 years.2 Though they may be an investment, they have a high return in terms of your overall quality of life. “Their longevity and benefits to an individual’s oral health and overall well-being make them a more favorable choice over dentures.”6
1. Halicki, Brittany. Medical review by Mike Golpa, DDS. All-on-4 Dental Implants: What You Need to Know. Available online 25 January 2021. Website: https://www.realself.com/surgical/all-on-4
2. Dental Implants vs. Dentures. Oral-B. Available Online on 10 February 2020. Website: m/en-us/oral-health/life-stages/adults/implants-vs-dentures
3. Causes and Consequences of Tooth Loss. Consumer Guide to Dentistry. Available Online on 10 February 2020. Website: https://www.yourdentistryguide.com/tooth-loss/
4. 5 Types of Dental Implants. Advanced Dental Implant Services. Available online 25 January 2021. Website: https://advanceddentalimplantservices.com/5-types-of-dental-implants/
5. Claiborne, DDS MS. How A Denture Can Be Ruining Your Health. Posted on Aug 13, 2018. Available Online on 10 February 2020. Website: https://www.biltmoreperiodontics.com/denture-can-ruining-health/
6. Why Dental Implants? Why Not Dentures. Advanced Dental Implant Services. Available online 25 January 2021. Website: https://advanceddentalimplantservices.com/why-dental-implants-why-not-dentures/