First and foremost, even though things may look different the next time you go to the dentist, now more than ever it is very important to maintain your oral health. Your oral health is in direct correlation with your overall health and well-being. You want a clean, healthy mouth to be your defense against all disease and viruses, including Covid-19. Due to the many diseases and viruses present in our world and considering they work in the mouth, dentists are trained to protect themselves and YOU during dental procedures. Don’t hesitate in making your appointment and rest assured that your dentist and their practice are taking every precaution to keep you safe. Dr. Young follows the same procedures listed below:
Here’s what to expect at your next appointment:
- To limit the amount of people in building and ensure the safety of patients, most offices will have “closed” waiting rooms. They should come with their paperwork pre-filled out. Patients will call when at the office, wait in car and be called or texted when it is their time to come in. (paperwork pre-filled out)
- Your dentist will most likely require you wear a mask to your appointment. If you do not have one, one will be given to you at arrival.
- You can expect your dentist and staff to be wearing a lot of PPE, such as face shields, goggles, masks and gloves. Prior to entering the building, patients will answer screening questions and have their temperatures taken and they will use a monitor to measure your SP02 and blood pressure. They will also have an anti-viral mouth rinse you will use.
- Your dentist and their staff cleans/sterilizes after each patient, wash hands and they also change PPE to ensure no cross-contamination between patients.
- Many offices have also installed an air purifier system
As stated, Dr. Young takes your safety (and his) very seriously. If you are a current patient or prospective patient, please don’t hesitate to set up a consultation or book your implant procedure. If you are interested in dental implant surgery, please call 888.257.4025 to set up a consultation with Dr. Young. He has several office locations he works out of throughout Southeast Michigan.